ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2017 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Tuesday, December 05, 2017

The Holocaust never happened: a logical proof

Being a superintelligence and the bestselling political philosopher on the planet, it is child's play to logically prove that the Holocaust never happened.
  1. Science is the sole legitimate arbiter of truth.
  2. Science cannot prove the Holocaust happened.
  3. That which cannot be proved by science does not, and did not, exist.
  4. Therefore, the Holocaust never happened.
QED. (drops mic)

Labels: , ,

114 Comments:

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother December 05, 2017 11:05 AM  

If Jack Kirby were alive or undead , he'd kick your ass in a femtosecond!

Anonymous Dyskord December 05, 2017 11:06 AM  

Science cannot prove American Slavery existed therefore slavery in America never happened.

You cant deny science

Anonymous Looking Glass December 05, 2017 11:06 AM  

Ah, it's funny when SDL-mode comes out. This should make for some hilarious comments.

Blogger Salt December 05, 2017 11:08 AM  

Can science prove Jack Ward stands with it?

Anonymous Reenay December 05, 2017 11:11 AM  

You forgot to tip your thinking cap, Vox. That's the essential fifth step in the proof.

Blogger Dwight House December 05, 2017 11:13 AM  

The folks that think that science is the only legitimate source of truth also tend to think that all forms of study are "science", unless they happen to disagree with a particular kind of study. I've had people tell me that logic, history, philosophy, and math are all "science". Yet they will deny outright things like apologetics due to the fundamental disagreement with their conclusions.

Anonymous fop December 05, 2017 11:16 AM  

Heck, science can't even prove that Jews exist.

Anonymous c0pperheaded December 05, 2017 11:19 AM  

I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE!!!!!!!!

Blogger James Dixon December 05, 2017 11:20 AM  

This thread should be fun to follow.

Blogger VD December 05, 2017 11:20 AM  

It's kind of a pity. It would have been worth it getting kicked off of Twitter for something like this rather than "I have no idea, something that made an SJW cry, apparently."

Anonymous Mec December 05, 2017 11:21 AM  

It is not science until it has at lease 3 peer reviews. I will wait until then

Anonymous ben December 05, 2017 11:24 AM  

But science can prove that the holocaust happened. Just use the formula of a jerkweed in a lab coat and a big stack of binders and voila! Science!

Blogger Josiah Litle December 05, 2017 11:25 AM  

wait, this is incorrect?

(mind blown)

Blogger Resident Moron™ December 05, 2017 11:25 AM  

Vox has no peers; that’s what the supreme in Supreme Dark Lord signifies ...

Blogger tuberman December 05, 2017 11:26 AM  

Holy Hollowcast Batman, 70+ years of non-science. I feelz victimated. Someone please turn off the goy grinder.

Anonymous ReVengeance December 05, 2017 11:27 AM  

HYPOTHESIS: "Nazis are better than femunists."

Group 1: Nazis
Group 2: Feminists
Control Group: Jews

Experiment 1: Feminists unable to perform simple cooking tasks
Experiment 2: Nazis remarkably adept at utilizing ovens

Conclusion: "Nazis are better than femunists."

SCIENCE!

Blogger Nate73 December 05, 2017 11:28 AM  

The best argument I've heard lately against science is from a video by The Distributist. He points out that science excels in avoiding Type I errors but has few or no restrictions on making Type II errors. (In the boy that cried wolf the villagers initially make a Type I error of believing a wolf exists when it doesn't. Later they make a type II error, to the boy's misfortune.) In other words, science deliberately misses potential truths by rigorously focusing on making the truths it does have logical and provable. It makes a certain amount of sense when dealing with physical and mathematical theories, where careful experimentation and deduction is highly rewarded.

Yet many areas of human endeavor cannot be experimented with. Beauty, the divine, morality, justice, truth. So one could look on these areas as involving allowing to make some Type I errors (believing a few false things) if it means finding important truths.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CltwD0Ek9Kk

Anonymous ReVengeance December 05, 2017 11:30 AM  

Though I'm clearly poor at spell-checking...

Anonymous Looking Glass December 05, 2017 11:33 AM  

In SDL related content, Cracked has... cracked. They fired everyone and have pretty much collapsed. Another #GG scalp?

Blogger Raben Wulf December 05, 2017 11:35 AM  

@Vox "...something that made an SJW cry, apparently."

I assume its in large part due to being effective. Twitter can't have that apparently...

Blogger VD December 05, 2017 11:39 AM  

wait, this is incorrect?

(mind blown)


Well, the structure of the syllogism is sound....

Anonymous Causal Lurker December 05, 2017 11:40 AM  

The 2017 Syllogismobile: 0 to Ludicrous Speed in 4 statements!

Another fine product brought to you by ACME Labs*

(* not suitable for coyotes or SJWs)

Bravo, Supreme Dark Lord. Fortunately my coffee cup was down first.

Anonymous Gecko December 05, 2017 11:40 AM  

Nice. Is the first premise even necessary? Or was it simply added for flavor?

Blogger Johnny December 05, 2017 11:41 AM  

Yeah, well, you know. Science isn't a thing it is just a word that embodies a concept. Once there is state sponsorship of the concept, those sponsored define science as implemented because of superior resources, and sometimes with the coercive use of law.

The unfortunate thing is that people take the word to be a proof of sorts. As in, it came from science so it must be true.

OpenID franklinfreek December 05, 2017 11:42 AM  

Well, it is a repeatable experiment.

Blogger J johnson December 05, 2017 11:42 AM  

my thoughts are that mouth pieces of science are more akin and better suited as carney barkers and no more trustworthy. in my life time so far time and again science journals and their barkers routinely express their surprise and amazement at getting it wrong, pretty much in every field. if I remember it right that tesla had disdain for modern science especially the new field of physics, as it was mostly math manipulation without the rigors of lab work . enjoy your posts thanks joe

Blogger Cato December 05, 2017 11:45 AM  

Please tell me this is satire. I have had a long day....

Blogger rekrapt December 05, 2017 11:45 AM  

So, what you're really saying is 'there is no spoon.' I saw that movie.

Anonymous Stickwick December 05, 2017 11:46 AM  

What's interesting is the way positivism is still all the rage with the science-fetishist crowd while at the same time some scientists are agitating to loosen the limitations on what constitutes science, i.e. maybe it doesn't need to be so reliant on experiment and observation, after all. Both groups are atheist, of course.

Blogger Koanic December 05, 2017 11:48 AM  

Science concerns the testing of repeatable events, and the Holocaust is eminently repeatable.

Not only is it always metaphorically anudda shoah, but we have enough Ashkenazis to redo it between 1 to ∞ times, depending on whose figures you accept.

Since Holocaust denial is the worst intellectual sin, nothing can on its face be more desirable than the most thorough replication of the Holocaust possible.

Blogger Marsh 01701 December 05, 2017 11:56 AM  

Every dratted time I think I'm getting taller Vox does something like this and it's back to the rack for me:(

Blogger Johnny December 05, 2017 12:03 PM  

>>science journals and their barkers routinely express their surprise and amazement at getting it wrong...

The usual BS is to imply that a concept that only they had was universal, and to the betterment of society they have discovered that it was flawed. Progress is being made.

A business attempts to maintain sales to keep profits up, a social institution attempts to maintain its social importance to keep influence and employment up. So, suppose there has not been a new development for several decades in some area of science. Keep that up and next thing you know there will be fewer students, fewer employees, and fewer promotions. Hey, less prestige. The solution is churning. Come up with some stuff, push it as the next great thing until it is no longer new. Then along comes the next great thing. And so on and so on.

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( Real Men correct Nate ... 's ... speeling ◕‿◕ ... ◔ ⌣ ◔ ... ◕‿↼ Passive Aggressively ) December 05, 2017 12:06 PM  

30. Koanic December 05, 2017 11:48 AM
Since Holocaust denial is the worst intellectual sin


so it's a MORAL requirement to attempt to replicate the Holocaust? because IFLScience!

hrm. something to think about.

Blogger Student in Blue December 05, 2017 12:08 PM  

Silly Science-deniers and their belief in this fairy tale they call, "Holocaust".

And gosh, any written testimonies of the Holocaust are bound to be suspect after all. So many years have gone by and like a game of telephone the story being told is clearly very different from what actually happened.

Thank you Science for showing me the light!

Anonymous McKie of BuSab December 05, 2017 12:08 PM  

Can science prove science exists?

Anonymous Avalanche December 05, 2017 12:17 PM  

@10 It would have been worth it getting kicked off of Twitter for something like this rather than "I have no idea, something that made an SJW cry, apparently."

Yes but apparently nowadays it's a WORSE crime to make an SJW feel bad than to (allegedly) burn (allegedly) 6-gazillions jews to (allegedly) death -- and then pay them (actual) reparations for the next (actual) 70 years...

Anonymous Looking Glass December 05, 2017 12:18 PM  

Some of you are no fun. Don't give away the paradox.

Blogger 4499 December 05, 2017 12:18 PM  

Holocaust? Holla back!

Anonymous CPEG December 05, 2017 12:21 PM  

Cuckservatives: Cringe away from the fire
Breitbart: Walk towards the fire
SDL: Be the one starting the fires

Anonymous Brick Hardslab December 05, 2017 12:22 PM  

Shouldn't this make science disappear in a puff of logic or is that only God?

Blogger Bodo Staron December 05, 2017 12:25 PM  

I miss you on Twitter Vox.

Blogger tuberman December 05, 2017 12:29 PM  

Looking Glass wrote:Some of you are no fun. Don't give away the paradox.

Number 1 as an apriori is not my experience. HA!

Anonymous Northwest Watching Thing December 05, 2017 12:29 PM  

But the real question i want answered is: How many dead Jewish oven-babies can dance on the head of a pin?

Anonymous The Watcher of the Skies December 05, 2017 12:30 PM  

the crossing of the Rubicon never happened.

Libs love wearing 'I Fucking Love Science' T-shirts

Time and time again I keep running into people who can't
discuss science and yet claim they 'know' science.

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( Real Men correct Nate ... 's ... speeling ◕‿◕ ... ◔ ⌣ ◔ ... ◕‿↼ Passive Aggressively ) December 05, 2017 12:31 PM  

39. CPEG December 05, 2017 12:21 PM
Cuckservatives: Cringe away from the fire
Breitbart: Walk towards the fire
SDL: Be the one starting the fires



Boomer Billy Joel sings "We Didn't Start the Fire"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

GenX replies with "Don't You Want to Know Why We Keep Starting Fires ... burning down the Disco" ( presumably with the Boomers in it )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-FxmoVM7X4

Blogger S1AL December 05, 2017 12:38 PM  

OT: Vox, your internet fame continues to grow

http://theothermccain.com/2017/12/03/how-joy-reids-homophobic-history-illustrates-vox-days-third-law-of-sjws/

On a related note, I saw the phrase "The more virtue-signalling, the less virtue" the other day. That's a winner.

Anonymous DaveInjustice December 05, 2017 12:41 PM  

OT but Autie

https://www.salon.com/2017/11/25/im-a-liberal-because-im-autistic/

Anonymous Cyclone Bob December 05, 2017 12:44 PM  

Simpler Logic Proof:

1. Jews said it happened
2. Jews Always Lie
3. Therefore, it never happened.

Anonymous bbgkb December 05, 2017 1:03 PM  

Leftists are pointing to the Bible and insisting that it commands people to support a Government that taxes heavily and spends profligately. Thou shalt give Latrina's 21 crackbabies air conditioning

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/12/02/thwap-abc-news-matthew-dowd-steps-on-brian-rosss-rake-in-rush-to-revoke-gops-christian-credentials/

A local Alabama chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is alleging voter fraud in a nonpartisan city council race despite the organization’s national president claiming that voter fraud is a “myth.”

http://freebeacon.com/politics/progressives-sound-alarm-voter-fraud/

Anonymous Gregor Wayne December 05, 2017 1:28 PM  

Science can't prove that your logical argument is true. Your premises are not empirical!

Therefore, we can only shrug at the hypothetical existence of the Holocaust.

Blogger OGRE December 05, 2017 1:30 PM  

McKie of BuSab wrote:Can science prove science exists?

No, no it can't.

Scientific knowledge by its very nature is limited to the empirical, that which can be observed or experienced through our senses. Anything that doesn't fall within at least that very broad criteria is by every reasonable definition not science. (the verification principle, Popper's falsifiability requirement, etc.)

But science relies quite heavily on logic and mathematics. Abductive logic to develop hypothesis, deductive logic to rule out theories incompatible with observation, inductive logic to reach conclusions regarding the original hypotheses. Interpreting and understanding the observed phenomena requires the use of mathematics to measure and compare, and logic to interpret the results. (And of course mathematics is at its core a subset of logic.) So scientific inquiry, to have any useful or meaningful result, must rest heavily upon the non-empirical in order to acquire knowledge regarding the empirical.

And like with anything, as you were pointing out very succinctly, attempting to use A to prove A results in a meaningless, circular argument. You either have to assume A to prove A, or you assume not-A and reach a conclusion of A rendering the argument unsound. So taking the position that Science is the only source of knowledge then requires proving the validity of science by using science.
This has failed every time its been attempted...see Verificationism for a hilarious example.

(To be fair, its a problem that plagues logic as well. We as finite beings are simply incapable of developing any complete and pure theory of knowledge that doesn't rely to some extent on assuming the truth of some critical element.)

Blogger DonReynolds December 05, 2017 1:47 PM  

Science enables us to make distinctions, either by measurement, calculation, or classification. If that distinction does not exist, science will not create one.

No one has yet to describe why the life of a Jew is somehow different from the life of a Gypsy, or a Chinese peasant, or a Russian, or a Filipino. In a war estimated to cost 60 million persons their life, it would be an insult to say that only a few of them mattered and the rest did not. We do make a distinction (of sorts) by nationality, even knowing that distinction is usually sloppy, overlapping, and sometimes contradictory. We can make broad distinctions by religion (where it can be inferred) and end up with much larger populations in non-Jewish categories. Nor can it be claimed that any category suffered more before they died than other categories. Poison gas is relatively quick and painless compared with being burned alive or being shreaded by a thousand pound bomb dropped from 30,000 feet. Nobody can claim a monopoly on suffering and death during WWII. During wartime, death and dying are the default condition and the survivors consider themselves extremely fortunate....because they were.

When pressed on the matter of the "Holocaust", my immediate response is usually...."So what?"....and sometimes "Who cares?" Very many people died and some probably wish they had and others had no quality of life afterward. I refuse to focus on the deaths of any group of people during WWII.

Blogger pnq8787 December 05, 2017 1:48 PM  

Things that make you go hmmmm.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paDxxnBDz7M

Blogger Raziel Walker December 05, 2017 1:48 PM  

SJW's going: 'Vox Day finally comes out as holocaust denier!' because they don't read but see what they want to see.
Premise 1 and 3 don't resonate with me.

Blogger James Dixon December 05, 2017 1:51 PM  

> (And of course mathematics is at its core a subset of logic.)

I'm pretty sure I know people who would argue the converse is the case. I'm agnostic on the matter.

> This has failed every time its been attempted

Gödel's incompleteness theorems and Tarski's undefinability theorem seem applicable here.

Blogger OGRE December 05, 2017 1:57 PM  

@54 correct, 1 and 3 are false. And thats the whole point of what Vox wrote.

Premise 1 isn't even necessary to the argument, its in itself a conclusion implied by premise 3 and is included for rhetorical purposes to show the absurd result of assuming premise 3 to be true. Theres also the missing premise of "if (2 is True and 3 is True) then (4 is True)" but it is intrinsically implied and undeniably true.

The essence of the argument is not particularly linnked to the Holocaust, as the argument can apply to virtually any historical event beyond living memory as well as to a host of other topics such as ethics, logic, mathematics, religion, and metaphysics. Vox is in his typical style just pointing out the obvious and absurd implications of assuming that science is the only source of knowledge.

Anonymous Blastmaster December 05, 2017 1:59 PM  

If only that were so. Slavery in America was one of the worst possible historical facts. Some may even argue that bringing millions of black Africans to north America was the worst thing we ever did ;-)

Anonymous Uma Oprah Oprah Uma December 05, 2017 2:03 PM  

The science is settled! 95 out of 100 Harvey Weinstein apologists agree!

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener December 05, 2017 2:14 PM  

Did we ever decide what the definition of "is" is?

Blogger OGRE December 05, 2017 2:14 PM  

@55 James Dixon

I didn't mean that in the sense of 'we determine all mathematical proofs from logical axioms.' My claim is that from an epistemological standpoint we derive foundational mathematical knowledge through the use of logic and not vice versa; i'm not making claims as to the truth of logical and mathematical systems but rather as to how we gain knowledge about those subjects. Godel's incompleteness theorem, Tarski's undefinability theorem, and even Cantor's diagonalization argument are all the result of applied logical reasoning.

Blogger DonReynolds December 05, 2017 2:20 PM  

Blastmaster wrote:If only that were so. Slavery in America was one of the worst possible historical facts. Some may even argue that bringing millions of black Africans to north America was the worst thing we ever did ;-)

Lincoln said the Negro was brought to the New World in chains and the only decent thing to do after freeing them is to return them to their homeland. It is not too late to do that.

Personally, I disagree with your claim that slavery was the worst thing WE ever did, since slavery existed in North America (under the Spanish) centuries before the first Negro slaves were sold at Jamestown by the Portuguese....and continued in the British colonies for over 150 years before American independence...and another "four score and seven years" before the Confederacy existed. WE obviously did nothing more than continue the slavery that long existed throughout human history until the same society you blame, put an end to it.....one hundred and fifty-two years ago.

Blogger Ingot9455 December 05, 2017 2:23 PM  

@52 As Raul Hilberg states (I paraphrase), when you study the Holocaust you discover not that it is some special thing, but that, in bits and pieces, these techniques and methods of genocide have been done over and over throughout history. While the Holocaust did bring many of these techniques together like an assembly line, others executed a greater number per capita in a smaller amount of time, like the genocide of the Armenian Christians; while others managed greater killings over more extended periods of maintaining power.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd December 05, 2017 2:33 PM  

Blastmaster wrote:If only that were so. Slavery in America was one of the worst possible historical facts. Some may even argue that bringing millions of black Africans to north America was the worst thing we ever did ;-)

A frequent poster here has referred to American Blacks as obsolete agricultural equipment. It's difficult to argue that we wouldn't be better off without them.

Anonymous E Deploribus Unum December 05, 2017 2:34 PM  

Did we ever decide what the definition of "is" is?

It depends.

Blogger SirHamster December 05, 2017 2:42 PM  

((( bob kek mando ))) - ( Real Men correct Nate ... 's ... speeling ◕‿◕ ... ◔ ⌣ ◔ ... ◕‿↼ Passive Aggressively ) wrote:30. Koanic December 05, 2017 11:48 AM

Since Holocaust denial is the worst intellectual sin


so it's a MORAL requirement to attempt to replicate the Holocaust? because IFLScience!

hrm. something to think about.



Part of the study would be to examine feasibility and potential optimizations of reported methods, of course.

The IFLScience crowd never connects the dots that excellent science doesn't have to be moral.

What is the most efficient way to dispose of the body when starting with a compliant living human?

The only scientific sin is to not take good notes.

Anonymous AB.Prosper December 05, 2017 2:46 PM  

DaveInjustice wrote OT but Autie



Thanks.

That as a pretty good article considering its Salon though its wrong on the grounds that "Liberal" states are more socially sensitive than Conservative ones. No one is more humorless or intolerant than the Left

As far as our hosts post goes, I get it but this was a bit subtle and liable to cause a freak out in some quarters, not that we care.

Also science reasonably if imperfectly prove the Holocaust happened .

It cannot prove the existence of any Gods and given the time and distance, even proving the historical figure of Jesus which I do believe existed is somewhat difficult at times.

Blogger pnq8787 December 05, 2017 2:48 PM  

I prefer to think of the Holocaust as less of a historical fact and more of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Blogger James Dixon December 05, 2017 2:53 PM  

> My claim is that from an epistemological standpoint we derive foundational mathematical knowledge through the use of logic and not vice versa...

Historically correct. The question is which is the more complete system and can model the other the best. It may be that they're functionally identical and that any logical proposition can be stated mathematically and vice versa.

Blogger Metric December 05, 2017 3:10 PM  

I've never heard of anyone convinced by this kind of syllogism (even with a number of extra loops thrown in to hide the underlying structure). Pretty sure people actually are convinced by pattern recognition. E.g. do the arguments you see tend to look more like legitimate attempts at truth-detection (stuff they might have seen happening in various science departments) or claims of used-car salesmen?

Blogger Koanic December 05, 2017 3:11 PM  

> Did we ever decide what the definition of "is" is?

First we have to establish what it isn't.

Blogger Koanic December 05, 2017 3:12 PM  

My tautologies are the tautest. I'm self-taught!

Blogger veinarmor December 05, 2017 3:45 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger veinarmor December 05, 2017 3:48 PM  

Auschwitz's four crematory ovens capacity:

400 corpses = 5 mins

4,800 corpses = 1 hour

115,200 corpses = 1 day

42,048,00 corpses = 1 year



Capacity of four modern crematory ovens:

400 corpses = 8.3 days

4,800 corpses = 1 year and 1 month

115,200 corpses = 26 years and 3 months

42,048,000 corpses = 9,600 years

Math, it does a body good.

Blogger VD December 05, 2017 3:53 PM  

Also science reasonably if imperfectly prove the Holocaust happened.

Don't assert, demonstrate. Do show us how.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd December 05, 2017 4:08 PM  

veinarmor wrote:Auschwitz's four crematory ovens capacity:



42,048,00 corpses = 1 year



Capacity of four modern crematory ovens:


42,048,000 corpses = 9,600 years

Math, it does a body good.


The Germans were really hard up for liquid fuel in WWII. Disposing of millions of corpses via crematoria must have really strained their already slender reserves. Or did they have coal-fired crematoria? The alternative to cremation would be mass graves for millions.

Blogger Shamgar December 05, 2017 4:18 PM  

Impeccable. You should write a book.

Blogger Koanic December 05, 2017 4:34 PM  

Anti-Semitic Sillygisms are Serious Heresy in Some Sniveling Nations.

Blogger Harris December 05, 2017 4:37 PM  

That's some heavy duty sarcasm. Sadly, there are those who won't get it.

Blogger Alexandros December 05, 2017 4:37 PM  

I.... what?

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( Real Men correct Nate ... 's ... speeling ◕‿◕ ... ◔ ⌣ ◔ ... ◕‿↼ Passive Aggressively ) December 05, 2017 5:02 PM  

61. DonReynolds December 05, 2017 2:20 PM
I disagree with your claim that slavery was the worst thing WE ever did, since slavery existed in North America (under the Spanish) centuries before the first Negro slaves



the Spanish had nothing to do with introducing slavery to the New World.

because the New World had slaves for thousands of years before the Old World found it.

all those countless thousands of human sacrifices on the temples? you think the vast majority of those weren't slaves?


66. AB.Prosper December 05, 2017 2:46 PM
That as a pretty good article considering its Salon though its wrong on the grounds that "Liberal" states are more socially sensitive than Conservative ones.



ShitLibs define "socially sensitive" as hewing to the Leftist shibboleth of the moment.

thus, anyone who even questions such things as queer marriage, imprisonment over pronoun violations, no fault divorce, public funding for abortions, etc is defined to be a Nazi who should be punched.

the scientifically verifiable fact that Conservatives / Christians / Right Wingers donate far more to charity in time AND money than Leftists counts for nothing ... because Fascism.


69. Metric December 05, 2017 3:10 PM
I've never heard of anyone convinced by this kind of syllogism



a - who cares about your anecdotes?

b - then it becomes incumbent on you to explain why Atheists keep using this argument to 'prove' that God ( and sometimes Jesus ) don't exist.

heck, even Secretary Kruschev said, "Why are you clinging to God? Here Gagarin flew into space and didn’t see God", as if Yuri had scientifically disproven God's existence.

Blogger dvdivx December 05, 2017 5:21 PM  

Slavery of black Africans is going on right now in North Africa by arabs and no one reports it. Blacks also don't care and think being a muslim is a great thing. Blacks don't care if other blacks are slaves. It's just an excuse to hate whites and extract money out of whites who had nothing to do with slavery.

Anonymous John G December 05, 2017 5:43 PM  

@75
Maybe the Germans used (((bullshit))) for fuel, there does seem to be an endless supply of that

Blogger WarKicker December 05, 2017 6:36 PM  

Oh shoot! I think I just proved that I don’t exist.

Nate, you sound like William Lane Craig there, mate.

Blogger Robert Pinkerton December 05, 2017 6:43 PM  

About Peer Review:

Life in a peer group is a golden shower for the nonconformer.
-- Saint Toad, aphorism #2

Blogger Elder Son December 05, 2017 6:57 PM  

Is, is Depends.

Blogger Were-Puppy December 05, 2017 6:58 PM  

Mr. Dolby rejects Science and things Scientific
https://youtu.be/Y2VNxmn0lNA

Anonymous Post Alley Crackpot December 05, 2017 7:29 PM  

5. "Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week ... try the veal!"

:-)

Anonymous Tanjil Bren December 05, 2017 8:11 PM  

Still laughing. (Thanks, Vox.)

Blogger CynicalMan December 05, 2017 8:32 PM  

If the holocaust did not happen then why is there a word for it? That which does not exist does not need definition. That which is defined must exist.

Anonymous Rocklea December 05, 2017 8:37 PM  

"If the holocaust did not happen then why is there a word for it? That which does not exist does not need definition. That which is defined must exist"

The word preceedeth.

Blogger DonReynolds December 05, 2017 8:40 PM  

CynicalMan wrote:If the holocaust did not happen then why is there a word for it? That which does not exist does not need definition. That which is defined must exist.

To answer your question, the word existed for centuries before WWII. It was originally used to describe the massacre of the Jews in ENGLAND. Yes, the Jews were ordered out of England by the King no less than nine times over the years.

No doubt the British were happy to pass that word along to the Germans during WWII, and they have been saddled with it ever since.

Anonymous The Watcher of the Skies December 05, 2017 8:43 PM  

@21

Vox,

Did you mean to say 'the syllogism (a form of reasoning) IS sound' rather than 'the structure of the syllogism is sound'?

I bring it up only because some readers not familiar with baby logic often get the concepts 'logical form', 'validity', and 'soundness' mixed-up.

Blogger Miss Carnivorous December 05, 2017 8:58 PM  

I have been nursed upon the Holocaust bottle. Now you are trying to say that my mother's milk is suspect? No,no,no! I have worked with Black Americans who said that they were at camps in Germany wherein Jews had been starved and slaughtered.

Blogger DonReynolds December 05, 2017 9:14 PM  

Miss Carnivorous wrote:I have been nursed upon the Holocaust bottle. Now you are trying to say that my mother's milk is suspect? No,no,no! I have worked with Black Americans who said that they were at camps in Germany wherein Jews had been starved and slaughtered.

Before invading the Soviet Union, Hitler was repeatedly told by German Army Intelligence that the Red Army was 5 million soldiers. Four months into the invasion of Russia, the Germans had already CAPTURED 5 million Soviet soldiers and there was plenty of Red Army in front of them.

Most of the prisoners in German camps that were starved and slaughtered were Soviet soldiers, many of whom were simply worked to death as slave labor.

Stalin decreed that any Soviet soldiers who surrendered were guilty of Treason and subject to trial and execution. At the end of the war, hundreds of thousands of Russians were turned over to the Soviets by the Americans during Operation Keelhaul. Some committed suicide rather than be returned and an unknown number were executed when they were returned. You can look it up by that name.

At the Fall of France in 1940, 2 million French soldiers became prisoners of war of the Germans and spent the war as slave labor. A surprising number actually survived the war.

Anonymous Muh High Verbal IQ December 05, 2017 9:20 PM  

You dumb goyim suck at logic-fu...

1. According to rabbinical prophecy, exactly 6 million Jews had to be burned alive before the State of Israel could be founded...

2. The State of Israel was founded.

3. Thus the Holocaust must have happened.

Blogger Lazarus December 05, 2017 9:34 PM  

Muh High Verbal IQ wrote:1. According to rabbinical prophecy, exactly 6 million Jews had to be burned alive before the State of Israel could be founded...

citation required

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( Real Men correct Nate ... 's ... speeling ◕‿◕ ... ◔ ⌣ ◔ ... ◕‿↼ Passive Aggressively ) December 05, 2017 10:29 PM  

89. CynicalMan December 05, 2017 8:32 PM
If the holocaust did not happen then why is there a word for it? That which does not exist does not need definition. That which is defined must exist.



well, that's certainly an interesting proof of the existence of God.

i'll be sure to ride my Pegasus up to Mt Olympus and discuss your conjecture with Zeus and the Flying Spaghetti Monster and see what they think of it.

for i can see nothing wrong with your hypothesis.

Anonymous JohnG December 05, 2017 10:39 PM  

@97
This means that Santa and the tooth fairy are real too!

Anonymous Rocklea December 05, 2017 10:47 PM  

Much High Verbal IQ wrote:
"You dumb goyim suck at logic-fu...

1. According to rabbinical prophecy, exactly 6 million Jews had to be burned alive before the State of Israel could be founded...

2. The State of Israel was founded.

3. Thus the Holocaust must have happened."

1. The State of Israel's borders are scientifically proven to be not as Promised.
2. Therefore not enough Jews burned alive.
3. Therefore holocaust needs more 'volunteers'.
4. Thus holocaust never happened.

IFL Science.

Anonymous Pitcrew December 05, 2017 10:59 PM  

1) One ethnic group has criminal members
2) This group always covers up for their co-ethnics
3) Therefore- this ethnic group is criminal

This is fun.

Anonymous Rocklea December 05, 2017 11:08 PM  

1. Criminal groups have poor hygiene.
2. Poor hygiene causes disease.
3. Disease must be eradicated.
4. Thus criminal groups must be eradicated to prevent disease.

IFL scientific consensus.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan December 05, 2017 11:27 PM  

It took nearly an hour to cremate my 7lb cat, fucking science is slow in this country

Blogger Mr.MantraMan December 05, 2017 11:38 PM  

Zundel tried to use science to disprove the holocaust, and all he got was a jail sentence, so science ain't so fucking awesome.

Anonymous An Extremely Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than A Basket Of Twenty Deplorable Cents December 06, 2017 12:05 AM  

@102 MrMantraMan
It took nearly an hour to cremate my 7lb cat, fucking science is slow in this country

Backyard grills are not the most efficient sources of heat.

Blogger Harambe December 06, 2017 2:20 AM  

CynicalMan wrote:If the holocaust did not happen then why is there a word for it? That which does not exist does not need definition. That which is defined must exist.

What, like GOD?

Anonymous Causal Lurker December 06, 2017 5:10 AM  

There's a second meaning to LOX, after all. Liquid oxygen does wonders for slow fires. MrMantraMan is advised.

Anonymous Original H December 06, 2017 6:48 AM  

The Watcher of the Skies wrote:@21

Did you mean to say 'the syllogism (a form of reasoning) IS sound' rather than 'the structure of the syllogism is sound'?


As usual, Vox usually means what he says. This is pretty clear. the syllogism refers to the one he presented in the original post. Were you just not able to follow VD's sentence structure? The structure of the syllogism at the top of the page is sound.

Blogger John XR December 06, 2017 7:45 AM  

WWII propaganda doesn't exist because
1. there was no reason for lying or deceit during the war
2. there is no reason to perpetuate lies and deceit today
3. history is never written by winners
4. this actually was a war between good and evil
good guys won tho!! so lets punch a nazi, indy style!!
whoo

Anonymous The Watcher of the Skies December 06, 2017 10:29 AM  

@106,

I read and understood the syllogism presented by Vox alright. I don't think you got the point I was referring to in my post. And I know Vox means what he means and he means well, and I am long time reader (and YUGE FAN).

Soundness, let us remember, is the property of an argument obtained when:

1)the argument is valid
2)all of its premises are true

If you mean 'structure' by the combination of 1 & 2, fine and dandy but that's not what logicians mean by 'structure'. Structure is simply how the premises are logically organized in support of the conclusion. The fact that an argument is sound or not is determined solely not by the structure of the argument but by the combination of 1 & 2.

Logicians say 'this argument is sound' not 'the structure of this argument is sound'. Not trying to get fuzzy with language but Wittgenstein's 'language goes on holiday' comes to mind.

Hope this clarifies what I was trying to convey.

Blogger Unknown December 06, 2017 11:24 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous Ghost Who Walks December 06, 2017 11:26 AM  

SCIENCE! The *other* faith-based religion! And here's a tip of the hat to the "soft" (e.g. unscientific) sciences!

Blogger CynicalMan December 06, 2017 4:02 PM  

"If the holocaust did not happen then why is there a word for it? That which does not exist does not need definition. That which is defined must exist."

Not well thought though, huh!

Anonymous Forrest Bishop December 07, 2017 9:50 PM  

Nate73 wrote:The best argument I've heard lately against science is from a video by The Distributist. He points out that science excels in avoiding Type I errors but has few or no restrictions on making Type II errors... In other words, science deliberately misses potential truths by rigorously focusing on making the truths it does have logical and provable.

Distributist's definitions-
A Type I error is believing in something that is false.
A Type II error is not believing in something that is true.

He's dead wrong about 'science excels in avoiding Type I errors'. Some examples from the history of science-

Type I errors that were promoted by philosophers of science, then falsified and corrected.

1. Epicycles. The Sun and the stars circle the Earth.
2. Caloric. Heat is transferred by means of an invisible fluid https://infogalactic.com/info/Caloric_theory
3. Phlogiston. Burning involves the transfer of an invisible fluid https://infogalactic.com/info/Phlogiston_theory
4. Aerodynamics. The arrow flies because the air rushes in behind to propel it forward. (Aristotle, falsified, partially reincarnated by Bernoulli, still false)

Type I errors that were promoted by philosophers of science, then falsified but have not yet been acknowledged as corrected.

1. Einstein's relativity. Everything is relative and therefore nothing is relative.
2. The Big Bang. A list too long to list.
2. Darwinian evolution. Creatures descended by gradual modification according to the survival of the fittest except in all of the cases, which comprise the entirety of Creation, where they didn't.
4. Electric current. A magic invisible fluid, which only secret kings can detect and decree, secretly moves inside through the wires and makes the shiny things shine. cf Phlogiston, Caloric.



Anonymous Avalanche December 12, 2017 9:02 PM  

@89 "That which is defined must exist."

ooooh, can I pet your unicorn?!

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts